Laptop Musicianship, MOD000573
The Module Leader and Module Tutor is Dr Tom Hall.
Details of contact and office hours
Seminars and Workshops
Details of seminars and workshops
Details of assessment and tasks
Details of available resources
Module Guide (PDF)
- LapMus Module guide - PDF
- NB this PDF guide links back to this website for details of Assessment and Seminars and Workshops
How to succeed in this module
If you follow the steps below, you increase your chances of doing well in this module.
- be curious about what music is;
- be curious about how music works;
- attend all lessons, catch-up if you miss a lesson;
- get to know the Hewitt textbook very well, and keep up with reading;
- Keep up with the Lynda.com videos on Logic Pro X;
- keep up with tasks throughout the module, and make sure you bring in work for formative feedback as expected;
- if you get stuck, ask questions in class, or see your tutor in office hours.
- listen widely to music, and try and analyse it in relation to class learning;
- remember that software is a tool, not an end in itself.
Please note it is your responsibility to check this website often for updates, e.g for further information about assessment items.
ludions teaching | ludions home | MPA website